Money is a powerful tool to oversee finances, record transactions, and keep on track of financial goals. This is made possible with Money’s powerful features presented with a sleek user-interface.
Money incorporates six of the most common account types: Bank, Cash, Credit Card, Loan, Asset, and Investment, plus an ability to create automated smart accounts, which display items based on preset criteria.
The user interface in Money is designed to be easily readable, conveniently usable, and elements are presented in a consistent manner for intuitive usage.
Money user-interface consists of three main elements:
- Sidebar. Contains a quick-access list to budget, scheduler, reports, list of accounts and folders. Accounts can be rearranged by dragging and dropping.
- Workspace. Displays a list of transactions, a report, a budget, etc., depending on the selection in the sidebar. Each item can be edited right in the workspace.
- Popover. Contains more details about a specific item in the sidebar or workspace, allows data entry and editing, actions for scheduled transactions. Accessed by pressing the details button or ctrl+clicking an item.
- Search field. Used to quickly find items by: payee, category, tag, account, note, status, date.
- Details button. Used to quickly access an item’s details and edit.
- Add button. Used to add items to the sidebar or workspace (new accounts, transactions, etc.)