Edit Templates & Illustrations
After you open a theme or layout in Pages, you can do any of the following:
- Type or paste your own text, add and remove text boxes, and change the fonts.
- Drag your photos or pictures onto image placeholders to replace the stock images.
- Change the size and position of any element, including the text boxes, images, and shapes.
- Change the colors of the shapes.
The templates are available in both ISO and US paper sizing standards. Whenever you start a new document, Pages will set the default standard according to your current system localization (System Preferences > Language & Region > Region).
NB: Some templates with embedded images will not allow you edit the text in Pages 5. In that case, please take the following steps:
- Select Arrange > Section Masters and remove the check mark from the option “Make Master Objects Selectable.” Now you will be able to edit the text.
- If you want to edit the images and shapes, you should again place the check mark next to “Make Master Objects Selectable.”
After you open an item from Infographics, Elements, or Graphic Styles for Pages, you can copy a selected illustration and paste it into your Pages document.
The illustrations included in Infographics, Elements, or Graphic Styles for Pages come in one of two formats:
- Pages’ native shapes, which you can edit fully in Format > Shape Styles. Most of them are grouped for easier copying, and you can ungroup them by selecting Arrange > Ungroup.
- PNG images, which you can arrange in Format > Image Styles. To change their color, select the image, go to View > Show Adjust Image, and modify the relevant parameters (not applicable for black and white images).
The image resolution is suitable for printing. All images feature a transparent background so that you can place them on top of backgrounds of your choice.
Jumsoft Clipart images come in the PDF format and will be opened in your default preview application. Afterwards, you can do any of the following:
- Copy the image from the preview application and paste it into your document.
- Rasterize the image by exporting it to a selected format in the preview application.
- Print documents with the images, as the resolution is suitable for printing.