Edit Themes, Edit Illustrations, Export as Image
Export as Image
If you need your final work exported as an image (for example to be used in social media), do the following:
- Finish up your work in Keynote, save it;
- Use the File > Export menu to export your slide as PDF;
- Open the resulting PDF file with your image preview app of choice (Apple Preview comes pre-installed in every Mac and can be used for this);
- Use the File > Export menu in the image preview app to export the document in one of the available image formats.
After you open a theme or layout in Keynote, you can do any of the following:
- Type or paste your own text, add and remove text boxes, and change the fonts;
- Drag your photos or pictures onto image placeholders to replace the stock images;
- Change the size, position, and color of any element, including the text boxes, images, and shapes;
- The themes and layouts are available in Standard (4:3) and Widescreen (16:9) slide sizes. To choose the slide size in the Toolbox, select Edit > Default Theme Size.
Note: Some elements in the themes and layouts are embedded and can only be changed by editing the master slides. In that case, you will get a notification with an option to edit the master slide.
After you open an item from Infographics or Elements sections, you can copy a selected illustration and paste it into your Keynote slideshow.
The illustrations included in Infographics or Elements sections come in one of two formats:
- Keynote’s native shapes, which you can edit fully in Format > Style. Most of them are grouped for easier copying, and you can ungroup them by selecting Arrange > Ungroup;
- PNG images, which you can arrange in Format > Style. To change their color, select the image, go to View > Show Adjust Image, and modify the relevant parameters (not applicable for black and white images).
The image resolution is suitable for printing. All images feature a transparent background so that you can place them on top of backgrounds of your choice.
Clipart Prime images come in the PNG format and will be opened in your default preview application. Afterwards, you can do any of the following:
- Copy the image from the preview application and paste it into your slideshow;
- Use View > Show Adjust Image to change the image parameters;
- Print files with the images, as the resolution is suitable for printing.