We say.

The New Toolbox for iWork Updated

August 9, 2013
We don’t know if you’ve noticed, but we released a new Toolbox for iWork app a couple of weeks ago. It’s quite a treasure chest in the sense that it contains all our product sets for Pages, Keynote, and Numbers. All that for just $49.99 – savings of over $300 compared to the original prices of the included applications.

We’ve also managed to release the first update for Toolbox for iWork, adding 8 new data visualization themes, 10 badge sets, and improving the Layouts for Keynote designs with extra slide sizes. In total, the app contains tens of Keynote and Numbers themes and hundreds of Pages templates, clipart images, elements for data visualization, doodles, maps, flags, and other items.

After downloading the app, you can click once to open the items in Pages, Keynote, or Numbers. As will most of our products, all objects in the templates and themes can be easily edited. All images in Elements for iWork, Jumsoft Clipart, and Clipart Prime include transparent backgrounds that allow placing them on various colors and patterns. The PNG format allows adjustments to brightness, tint, and other image parameters.

Toolbox for iWork is available for purchase from the Mac App Store.
12 comments
Filed under:
Posted in Designs

Unhappy:

August 10, 2013 at 6:04 am

What about money? Are you going to abandon it?

Rustė (Jumsoft):

August 12, 2013 at 10:26 am

On the contrary, we are currently working on new versions of all three Money apps.

Michael Palmer:

August 14, 2013 at 7:17 am

I do hope that Money is indeed being developed further. It is a really good program and there are many who would select and use it in a heartbeat where the issues addressed. In fact, Money has the potential to be one of the finest, if not the best personal finance application for the Mac platform. You know the source of the worry among Jumsoft customers. There are many among us who recall other Jumsoft programs simply and quickly falling by the wayside with no prior warning whatever. People do not forget. Unfortunately, they sometimes do not forgive either. I am staying with Money and I only hope that it too stays the course.

unhappy:

August 14, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Ouuuu no, no new, buggy versions, again and again, neverending story.

Michael Palmer:

August 17, 2013 at 7:56 pm

It is unclear from your comment whether you wish to have Jumsoft further develop Money or abandon it. If the bugs are to be addressed, then a new version is inevitable. Will new and different bugs make themselves know? Of course, but this is not unique to Jumsoft in the slightest. There are other options for financial applications, but finding one that is bug free is not in the cards. In practically every instance one can find any number of the same complaints that are put to Jumsoft directed at the developers of the competition as well. None are free of issues that do not upset one or more of the users. At this point is comes down to using the program that bothers you the least. Further development, however, is necessary if a program is expected to survive. Apple is on the verge of a new OS. This and the fact that Apple is becoming even more totalitarian insofar as hurdles for independent software developers will undoubtedly make certain that you, me and just about every other customer will have to put up with bugs in most releases of software applications. I do not know that Jumsoft has options other than to release a new version of simply throw in the towel. Hopefully the course is toward releasing future versions of Money.

Rustė (Jumsoft):

August 19, 2013 at 11:16 am

Thank you, Michael! We couldn’t have put it better ourselves.

Unhappy:

August 22, 2013 at 12:43 pm

True, problem with jumsoft is they do not listen. Sync still not working, or takes loooong time to sync one transaction (they rewrite all database very likely)
        Portfolio is a joke
        Still not hidding unused accounts, people were asking for this for two years, two years
        There are random bugs what can and will destroy, change or damage your database, so you have to use another program to have a backup. I used to be part of beta testers for Money4 they just ignored bug reports, glitches, malfunction, crash reports, only answer was WE DO NOT EXPERIENCE IT or we will fix it or add next realease or we work on it, yeah. I have been testing software for about ten years, Jumsoft one of the worst developers, they can do nice looking software, but programming is what they do not know.

Michael Palmer:

August 23, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Okay, I think that it is safe to say that we each (including the developers/programers) have points of view on the matter of Money and issues therein, and that any satisfying resolution is unlikely. None of this, however, negates the fact that your comments, Unhappy (or for that matter, mine and everyone else’s) could be copied and pasted into the blogs/forums for any other financial application. This is especially the case when it comes to “they do not listen”, “people have been asking for this for X years”, “we do not experience it” and so forth. One only needs to visit the customer feedback pages for any of these programs to realize that this is the case. Given that this is true, it must be equally true that all of the complaining in the world has no noticeable impact on changing the situation. To that end, what can you, I or anybody do except to accept the grab the bull by the tail and face said situation. What program is there that satisfies across the board. I have yet to use a single personal financial application for which you cannot find several customers (myself included) voicing essentially the same fundamental complaints. I am not trying to give Jumsoft a pass. No, not in the slightest. Respect and loyalty are things which are (or should be) earned. However, I have accepted that no matter the developer and program there will be bumps in the road. Good luck and I mean that sincerely.

unhappy:

August 24, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Michael: I have been testing finacial software (OSX) for about 7 years. Around 7 apps, currently testing some. I can say Jumsoft does not listen, I do not have problem with view how it should work, not my business, however I want to have functional piece of software. They have ignored major bugs, or even say we do not experience it, thanks apple for reviews, now everyone can see it. Every new update, some big issue appears, check the Reviews.

Michael Palmer:

August 24, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Understood. I too have served as a beta tester for financial apps (and some other types of apps) over the years. Some of them are still around and some are not. Generally speaking those that are not simply did not listen. Those that are still around listened on occasion, but they were never what one would consider completely responsive to input. As for reviews, I do check them and frequently. This is the basis from which I can state that complaints about not listening to customer input are commonplace. The knowledge base/forum of one of the more serious competitors to Jumsoft was replete with customers that were far beyond upset due to the fact that not only had long standing bugs (major and minor) been ignored, but a feature that worked just fine was taken away. The developer blamed everyone except themselves, simply ignored the complaints and to this day nothing has changed. Look, I do understand what you are saying. Too, I feel that what you are saying has validity in that it is correct. It is just that if I go to any application (financial or not) site there are users such as you and me that are in essence lodging the very same complaints. I am old and rather jaded, but two constants are most definitely at play: users complain but rarely compliment and developers rarely listen but do as they please. All that anyone of us in the customer base wants is to have a functional piece of software. Finding that app that satisfies the most and upsets the least is all that I have ever realized as a realistic option. I am wasting your time and mine. To that end, I will let this exchange drop.

unhappy:

August 25, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Agree, I have that app too :-( Money could be a good program, only problem is stability and functional bugs. I rather use old but stable Squirrel, because it works, iCloud sync works, reports work, budgets work. Money has much more features but it does not work at all. Slow start, crash, sync issue, now it does not sync to iPhone, report page is too slow, it looks like it counts everything everytime when you click on any report, portfolio is there only to be in the feature list. I am stiil trying and I hope it will work, one day, but it looks like it will not, it has been more than two years since beta. I think they are working on Money 5 only to sell it to new costumers.

Sil:

August 12, 2013 at 11:43 am

Love the update!
The elements for Keynote are beautiful and the update has nice new infographics!
I can highly recommend Toolbox for iWork.